Choosing a contractor to install or repair a roof is an important decision. Any contractor you are considering should be able to answer the following questions to your satisfaction:
1. Is the company licensed? (If the answer is no, find another roofer.)
Mike’s license numbers are C2-803105, C39-422724, C10-952567. Check any contractor’s license at www.cslb.ca.gov.
2. Is the company insured? (If the answer is no, find another roofer.)
Workers’ compensation, vehicle and general liability insurance should be standard on every job. With Mike’s, you may be named as an additional insured. Insurance certificates are sent directly from the insurance company to you.
3. How long has the company been in business?
Experience matters. Mike’s has been in business since 1972 – more than 40 years!
4. Will the company provide a list of addresses from recent jobs for you to drive by? How about phone numbers so you can speak with previous clients?
Your roofer should be able to provide you with references in the form of addresses and/or telephone numbers so that you can hear firsthand about their experience.
5. Are there warranties on materials?
Mike’s provides written warranties issued directly from the material manufacturers.
6. What about labor warranties?
Mike’s provides written warranties on labor for every job, based on materials used and job performed.
7. What types of extra costs might be incurred beyond the written estimate?
Based on the job, Mike’s will inform you in writing of any added costs that may be incurred before any work begins. You will always know the status of the job.
8. What is your Better Business Bureau rating?
Mike’s is proud of our A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Our clients’ satisfaction is our top priority. Check us out at www.la.bbb.org
It’s always a good idea to ask your friends, family, and neighbors if they’ve had a good experience with a roofing or building contractor recently.
Word of mouth is Mike’s best form of advertising.